Seeburg 220 Stereo Jukebox Up and Running

I’ve replaced all the caps that needed (or would soon be needed) to be replaced. When I got the seeburg 220, it had been partially restored, but there was a lot more to do. Here’s the bag of old caps that I replaced above and beyond what had already been replaced.

Seeburg 220 Amp Old Caps

Seeburg 220 Amp Old Caps

I replaced all but two of the 12AX7 dual triode tubes. I use an old Eico 635 Tube Tester which isn’t fancy, but gets the job done and is super reliable. My output tubes are Zenith 6973’s, possibly rebranded something else. They work well and the sound is really strong. To lengthen the life of the 6973 tubes I replaced the selenium diode in the bias/preamp supply circuit and increased the 47 ohm resistor to 75 ohms. That gave me a little bit more than -35 volts for the 6973 grid bias and no perceptible crossover distortion.

Here are the bottoms of the recapped Seeburg SHFA1 amp and TSU1 control unit.

 

Seeburg 220 SHFA1 Amp

Seeburg 220 SHFA1 Amp

 

Seeburg 220 TSU1 Control

Seeburg 220 TSU1 Control